Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Left For Dead

Lefty 6 String
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guitar cables

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemasses View Post
    I always buy LiveWires or Monster from GC simply because if they break you can return them and get another one.
    Yeah considering that, Monsters are probably well worth it. I just always lose the damn things lol.

Thanks

I prefer Live Wires to Monster simply because Monster's seem more likely to get stolen.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch View Post
    I had my ball sack appraised one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchurch View Post
    ??Apparently ball sack and ball sack are synonymous.

Thanks

For boutique cables I use Evidence Audio. Once I switched over you can A/B and hear the difference. My wife even heard the difference in a blind test between brands.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shiftpoint For This Useful Post:

metalchurch (06-13-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftpoint View Post
    For boutique cables I use Evidence Audio. Once I switched over you can A/B and hear the difference. My wife even heard the difference in a blind test between brands.
    That is very true and some guys will actually go through a bunch just to find that certain tone, because that's without a doubt the fastest and easiest way to sculp your sound. Women are the best for an impartial assessment aren't they? That's awesome!! I like getting Joan involved at any chance I can actually.

I'm actually considering going wireless so if anyone wants to throw some options down, by all means go right ahead. Or start a new thread devoted to wireless systems, since this one is about cables... Either way all is good and my ears are open for ideas and suggestions, and I'm sure it will be helpful to many others as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyLV426 View Post
    Yeah considering that, Monsters are probably well worth it. I just always lose the damn things lol.
    I lose cables a lot too and tried cheap options. The thing is, having a beautiful guitar and not having a good cable, you might as well be playing a crap guitar. I used Planet Waves and have had no problems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenG View Post
    I lose cables a lot too and tried cheap options. The thing is, having a beautiful guitar and not having a good cable, you might as well be playing a crap guitar. I used Planet Waves and have had no problems.
    I hope you don't take offense to this, but that is the biggest load of crap in the guitar marketing world right now. I buy that there is a difference between the horrible high impedance cables you get in your starter strat pack. But there is no need to be spending $100 for a frigging cable. There are some heinously overpriced and just downright lies out there right now about "good" cables.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beneharris View Post
    I hope you don't take offense to this, but that is the biggest load of crap in the guitar marketing world right now. I buy that there is a difference between the horrible high impedance cables you get in your starter strat pack. But there is no need to be spending $100 for a frigging cable. There are some heinously overpriced and just downright lies out there right now about "good" cables.
    This^. I know I commented on this thread in the past, but just wanted to repost to point out that I'm still using the same cables and they're still going strong (durable and long lasting for decent price). I've used a few different cables in my years of playing at various price points but there really isn't a huge difference. Currently, I've got a handful of planet waves cables and monster cables (all in the $15-25 price range depending on length), and while I do notice a very subtle difference in tone using the same guitar/same amp settings, they've lasted me years and have not degraded at all. These same companies make "premium" version of their cables for a lot more $$, but there's really no reason to spending a ton of money on cables...

**EDIT** Heck I think monoprice actually sells guitar cables now. I'll probably pick up some of them next time I place an order. I buy cables from them for everything else. Super cheap and they work great!
    Last edited by manini; 01-16-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Thanks

And I STILL haven't found my Monster cables. Lol

All joking aside I run wireless every single show, I do like the custom length kits from Planet Waves though. Makes pedal board and effects loop runs easy and I haven't had one fail in 3 years now.
    Last edited by LeftyLV426; 01-16-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog