Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on minimum post count?

Very true.
    Good deals with MetalDaze(x3),Schrismer,Feezesuckah(x2),Mizati20(x 2),Jesse,Lefty52.

I support the idea, in a way. 25 still seems high. I'm on here everyday and I don't post much. I use forums mainly for asking questions and informational purposes. I think some kind of reference system woul be great. Maybe eBay, and we definitely should consider a seller, buyer feedback system. But it would be hard to do since transactions aren't placed through the site, which would make it based on the honor system, maybe between 2 members and an admin. which then people could team up and cheat their way to the top. Hard to say. I don't have the solution as of yet

Quote Originally Posted by Razzlejett69 View Post
    I support the idea, in a way. 25 still seems high. I'm on here everyday and I don't post much. I use forums mainly for asking questions and informational purposes. I think some kind of reference system woul be great. Maybe eBay, and we definitely should consider a seller, buyer feedback system. But it would be hard to do since transactions aren't placed through the site, which would make it based on the honor system, maybe between 2 members and an admin. which then people could team up and cheat their way to the top. Hard to say. I don't have the solution as of yet
    to answer a few of your points:

We feel that the classifieds are hardly abused. As of now, we can't think of a good reason to put up a minimum post count, as that would only hurt the classifieds section at this point. If we ever get 15,000 members posting in the classifieds like SS.org, then sure, we'll look into it. But right now, that will just severely limit our selection..

Feed back system-
    we have one built into the website. iTrader is what its called.
    http://www.leftyguitartrader.com/for...cement.php?f=8
    I and the other admins have access to delete and monitor feedback. I have it set to where if people leave too many for one person, or too many in a day, it fires off an email to me letting me know the system is being abused. Its a pretty thoroughly thought out system.