Lefty Guitar Trader Supporting Vendors:

Thread: 2011 Fender American Std. Telecaster, maple fretboard

Thanks

Default 2011 Fender American Std. Telecaster, maple fretboard

I've had my Telecaster for about a month, and the crux of it is, this is a fantastic guitar. It helps that it came out of the box with super low action--no buzz, no problems. I've read on other sites that the new American Stds have substandard bridge plates, etc. This is just kvetching: the guitar is a dream. I get plenty of twang, plenty of sustain, and plenty of tone. The neck pickup is warm, but not muddy. The bridge pickup is a twang machine. I won't be upgrading the pickups. Why should I when these sound fantastic? I can understand that people love the three saddles of vintage Teles, but I prefer the six saddles on this guitar. It's perfectly intonated. I also like the three position switch; that middle position makes for some beautiful rhythm sounds. The neck is perfect--not too big, not too thin. I love the nitro? coating on the fretboard; it makes for easy gliding. I have a Gibby Les Paul and an Am. Std. Strat, but I have barely touched them in the last month (I do love them as well). In short, this guitar is such an incredible instrument, and I can't remember bonding as quickly with any instrument. Why pay for Fender Custom Shop?

Ch Willie

Thanks

Nice couple!
    Never too old to learn to play the lefty guitar

Thanks

Thanks. I debated about getting the Tele in a sunburst too, but at the end of the day, I love Fender 3-color sunbursts. Had to have it.
    Ch Willie

Thanks

Congrats, Chicken House!

Very cool that you and the tele are clicking like that. What a great feeling it is when a guitar just feels like it was made for you!
    I want to Rock and Roll all night... and part of every day

Quote Originally Posted by lostinthemasses View Post
    You want some cocaine with that watermelon?

Thanks

Thanks, man, it is a great feeling. It's seriously eating into my work time. When I'm not playing it or looking at it, I'm thinking about it.
    Ch Willie

Thanks

Hey thanks for this, doesn't make my choice any easier. Deciding between a mexican Tele and a US one. US one about twice the price of course, but will I be twice as happy with one?

Visitors found this page by searching for:

2011 telecaster fret board

SEO Blog