PDA

View Full Version : FU-Tone Noiseless Springs

Shiftpoint
03-06-2018, 08:03 AM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share a quick video for anyone who might be curious about upgrading their trem springs with the Fu-Tone Noiseless Springs. These will help get rid of that tremolo spring reverb you can hear when playing. Depending on what gauge strings you run you might want to try the RED springs for more tension.

VQDRSLFL2n0

Zippin44
03-06-2018, 11:35 AM
I put a soft marsh mellow earplugs between each spring when parallel, or thread one inside too.

metalchurch
03-06-2018, 01:51 PM
I use cotton inside of mine.

lostinthemasses
03-06-2018, 03:51 PM
I actually like being able to harness the chimey droney hum from the springs when I play, because you kind of have to go out of your way for it to interfere with your signal.

HOWEVER, I've always just used the foam packaging from Seymour Duncan pickups for the springs on clients' guitars. You just cut a little chunk out and shove it inside the spring.

leftrb
03-06-2018, 03:56 PM
HOWEVER, I've always just used the foam packaging from Seymour Duncan pickups for the springs on clients' guitars. You just cut a little chunk out and shove it inside the spring.

If you ever have a guitar that has an annoying buzz that you can't seem to track down, using this same trick to wedge foam between the pickup springs and the body has solved it for me in several occasions.

AllroyPA
03-06-2018, 06:51 PM
Y'all are odd, you think Hendrix had shit jammed up his springs ?

beneharris
03-06-2018, 07:28 PM
Just his nose.

IbanezGuy
03-07-2018, 10:13 AM
Those wedge foamy things girls (and 80s hair metal Gods) use for applying makeup work well. The foam used for those is the right softness to easily slide them under the springs. Plus they're cheap.....you can buy a big bag of them and silence all your trem springs.

metalchurch
03-07-2018, 12:13 PM
For some reason im envisioning those little foam things that the ladies use to seperate their toes when painting their nails. I guess its a good way to get them involved in the hobby.