PDA

View Full Version : New Pedalboard Build complete!

Shiftpoint
01-07-2018, 08:39 AM
Hey guys,

I wanted to share a quick overview of my new board that I had built for me by Jerry at Nepo Pedalboard Designs. Everything came out far beyond my expectations! I know a bunch of you guys are using 5150's as I am, so this should be of interest to you as I'm using my ES-5 to control all of my pedals and utilizing midi to control the channel switching on the amp. Check it out and if you have any questions let me know!

Nick

OnRXmJ46UQ8

Shiftpoint
01-07-2018, 06:16 PM
Surprise you guys aren't into pedalboards!

metalchurch
01-07-2018, 06:51 PM
I use rack mount but yea thats a nice board, most of which I wouldnt know what to do with but it looks very well thought out.
I was hoping to hear you run through a bunch of riffs and do some foot switching to demo what that beast is all about.

leftrb
01-07-2018, 06:55 PM
I sold off my entire pedal board last year.

Shiftpoint
01-07-2018, 07:01 PM
I use rack mount but yea thats a nice board, most of which I wouldnt know what to do with but it looks very well thought out.
I was hoping to hear you run through a bunch of riffs and do some foot switching to demo what that beast is all about.

I was thinking of doing a separate video for that. I have yet to attempt to mic my cab with the 5150 so it would have been a lot of wasted time lol

metalchurch
01-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Very understandable bro I appreciate what you share with us regardless.

beneharris
01-07-2018, 10:16 PM
I love pedals. So much I'm trying to launch one to sell this year!
That is a really clean looking boad. How do you like that klone? I've never managed to get one that I've liked.

Shiftpoint
01-08-2018, 06:00 AM
I love pedals. So much I'm trying to launch one to sell this year!
That is a really clean looking boad. How do you like that klone? I've never managed to get one that I've liked.

Ohhhh! What type of pedal are you making? The ARC Klone has been my go to boost for lead work. I have a few of their other pedals as well and they're all out of this world!

beneharris
01-08-2018, 12:12 PM
Granted, I've only owned one, it was the Mythical OD from Rimrock. I've played a few others, but not extensively.

My pedal is an Octavia I've added a ton of functionality to. GE and SI transistors, that are switchable, two sets of clipping diodes, a switch to turn on and off the octave.

Its really cool, actually, I put really low gain germaniums in, and you can dial it in to just be an octave, with barely any fuzz to it. But it also works really, really well as a boost. I use it instead of an overdrive. The GE side, I dial the gain up to about 11, volume up, octave off, and it really helps for leads.

Jesse
01-08-2018, 02:32 PM
sweet setup Nick, how does that boss unit work???

Shiftpoint
01-08-2018, 02:48 PM
sweet setup Nick, how does that boss unit work???

All of the pedals go into the back of the unit and form separate loops. When a pedal isn't on the patch selected it's completely taken out of the signal chain. Then there's also midi that's going into the amp that controls the channel switches. So I can choose 5 separate loops (chain of pedals) along with programming the channel changes on the amp with the Boss unit.

metalchurch
01-08-2018, 03:45 PM
See thats what I was wondering about when I first saw it (bypassed when out of loop), and I was just sitting there thinking about all of the combinations you have there. I bet thats awesome once you get it figured out.
What are you doing for noise reduction? Are you using a power conditioner or something else to ensure the mV stay constant for your pedal chain?

Jesse
01-08-2018, 03:50 PM
Nick, can you do a video showing what it can do?

Shiftpoint
01-08-2018, 04:01 PM
See thats what I was wondering about when I first saw it (bypassed when out of loop), and I was just sitting there thinking about all of the combinations you have there. I bet thats awesome once you get it figured out.
What are you doing for noise reduction? Are you using a power conditioner or something else to ensure the mV stay constant for your pedal chain?

I didn't point it out in the video but the HOF and Strymon are on a riser and there's a Strymon power supply underneath there powering the entire board so I don't have to worry about the pedals getting correct power.

Nick, can you do a video showing what it can do?

Yea I definitely will. Anything in particular you'd like to see? It's literally only a few buttons to add or remove pedals.

metalchurch
01-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Just rip into something and do some patch changes

Shiftpoint
01-09-2018, 08:50 AM
demo video!

kkeq8z6Htso

AllroyPA
01-09-2018, 09:05 AM
how does the selector designate order of the pedals you select on each patch ?

Shiftpoint
01-09-2018, 09:06 AM
how does the selector designate order of the pedals you select on each patch ?

Each pedal is in a designated 5 loop layout and I can set up those loops in any order I want. So it's really up to you.

leftrb
01-09-2018, 09:14 AM
Each pedal is in a designated 5 loop layout and I can set up those loops in any order I want. So it's really up to you.

That's pretty neat, so you can play around with having this pedal in front of that, or that pedal in front of this without physically changing anything?

Shiftpoint
01-09-2018, 09:17 AM
That's pretty neat, so you can play around with having this pedal in front of that, or that pedal in front of this without physically changing anything?

Yup, there's a menu that allows you to select the order of each loop so if you want one pedal in front of the other it lets you do that.

AllroyPA
01-09-2018, 11:22 AM
that's pretty damn awesome, what is the switcher model ?
Nevermind found it
https://www.amazon.com/ES-5-Effects-Switching-Amplifier-Footswitch/dp/B01B3FBB8K?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01B3FBB8K