PDA

View Full Version : Unsafe Site Warning

ch willie
01-01-2014, 08:39 PM
My Avast software blocks me and gives me a warning that the web site is reported to be unsafe from viruses. I get around it. But is there anything to worry about?

Blue Church2
01-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the concern. We discussed it via chatbox a while ago and form what Ben said, there was a hidden string of code that gave the error which was the hosters fault. Everything has been dealt with and it should have been resolved already, but there is nothing to worry about. Only reason why this website is unsafe is because you'll get Major GAS and want to buy some gear for sale!

beneharris
01-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Naw, there isn't anything to worry about. I'm still trying to get it all sorted, but some fag put a line of code in an <iframe> box. It was just a link to a site, so nothing that is going to harm anybody. But I am still trying to figure out how to get all the various places to get rid of the malware warning.

I do assure you, the problem is resolved :)

beneharris
01-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Also, pretty please, if you get that warning, PM me and tell me, and provide the link that was flagged. I can't get my computer at home, or at work to flag the site anymore, but people use different browsers, etc.

ch willie
01-01-2014, 11:38 PM
I'll let you know if it gives me the warning again. Thanks.

Freezesuckah
01-02-2014, 07:27 AM
At my work I'm still getting blocked. Using Internet Explorer but its an older version.

Http://www.leftyguitartrader.com/forum/forum.php is the link that I have bookmarked at work.

beneharris
01-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Freezesuckah, I KNOW that page is clear. I've quadruple checked. If you could, clear the bookmark, clear your cache, you shouldn't get the warning after that.

Olav
01-02-2014, 10:27 AM
At my work I'm still getting blocked. Using Internet Explorer but its an older version.

Http://www.leftyguitartrader.com/forum/forum.php is the link that I have bookmarked at work.

That's probably because you start panting and sweating the minute you open the forum and it's' being blocked by your IT team.

Jesse
01-03-2014, 09:30 AM
I cleared my bookmark and re-googled the site and everything was fine.

AllroyPA
01-03-2014, 10:49 AM
I changed my bookmark and no warnig anymore

Flashback55
01-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Do yourselves a favour ditch Internet Explorer & use Firefox, set it up to dump cookies, clear cache & search history upon close of Firefox.
I never have any problems since I ditched IE years ago.
If you are looking for a quality Antivirus have a look at NOD32.
I have been using for over six years & have NEVER had an infiltration on my computers.
And no I don't work for ESET :)
http://www.eset.com/au/home/products/antivirus/

Blue Church2
01-04-2014, 05:11 PM
Do yourselves a favour ditch Internet Explorer & use Firefox, set it up to dump cookies, clear cache & search history upon close of Firefox.
I never have any problems since I ditched IE years ago.

I truly hope that no one on this forum still uses Internet Explorer. That is only good for downloading other browsers.

Olav
01-04-2014, 05:40 PM
http://techchunks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Internet-Explorer-The-Most-Useful-Browser-Ever.jpg

Finalformsora3
01-04-2014, 09:39 PM
http://techchunks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Internet-Explorer-The-Most-Useful-Browser-Ever.jpg

Yes! (: Very true! I love google chrome, it is amazing and lite on the cpu computer! :D

If you love customizing and lots of useful apps in general; firefox is amazing as well! A little more cpu however..!

Flashback55
01-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Another couple of great Add-Ons to customise Firefox are "Better Privacy" ( Flash Cookie Blaster )
"Ghostery" ( So you can see who is tracking your web browsing )
"NoScript" ( Only allows Javascript on sites of your choice ) Google Java & see how many exploits they have had through updates..
Worth checking out, all makes for a safer browsing experience.

beneharris
01-09-2014, 11:04 PM
This thread is now the IE < * thread.