PDA

View Full Version : What is the reason?

Olav
06-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Why do some of you clear your Opening Post after you sold your guitar?
Just curious.

AllroyPA
06-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Stage fright ... lol :clock:

Cmartin
06-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Maybe to try and keep down all the clutter..

IbanezGuy
06-02-2013, 03:06 PM
I'm thinking it may have something to do with the potential for unwanted PMs...

I've posted enough ads on Craigslist and eBay to know for certain that there are too many people that DO NOT read. So, if I had an ad and wanted to avoid the potential for someone that doesn't read to PM me about an item I no longer have....I'd probably delete everything. That said...there would still be the possibility of someone PMing to ask "What's the details on the ______ you have for sale?". D'oh!

Selling stuff can be a pain....

Olav
06-02-2013, 03:30 PM
That makes sense. I can see that could become a nusance.

metalchurch
06-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Some guys do it, just so that when they reply saying it is sold, that it doesnt bump it to the top for no reason.

Wish guys would go through their ads and mark them accordingly, that irritates me when something is left open, yet its been sold or traded for many years. Yes, years.. Well maybe months, but I'm tryin to make a point here, so just hang with me on it. Haha

Olav
06-02-2013, 03:47 PM
So, out of consideration for other sellers, they'd empty the OP? Hmm, ok, I can see that.

metalchurch
06-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Just my guess man...Ive seen it done countless times, and thats the only logical explanation I came up with. Maybe some guys who do that can explain why exactly.

Cmartin
06-02-2013, 04:42 PM
to me it makes sense to delete it, it's not a discussion or open ended topic that can always come up or still be revelant. It's gone.. Right?

cosmic_ape
06-03-2013, 12:06 AM
I'm thinking it may have something to do with the potential for unwanted PMs...

I've posted enough ads on Craigslist and eBay to know for certain that there are too many people that DO NOT read. So, if I had an ad and wanted to avoid the potential for someone that doesn't read to PM me about an item I no longer have....I'd probably delete everything. That said...there would still be the possibility of someone PMing to ask "What's the details on the ______ you have for sale?". D'oh!

Selling stuff can be a pain....

This.

Months after selling my guitar, I was still getting PM's about it. People were still lowballing me!

Blue Church2
06-03-2013, 12:26 AM
I'm usually on the buying end, and the only guitar I sold was via PM. I can see it just being for the dumbies wanting to look for a price in the OP's first post. Easier when the thread is closed. I agree with Joe on that because there are some that have been sold for a while, but not closed up.