PDA

View Full Version : TRADE TRADE TRADE!!!

LeftyParasite
02-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Don't you guys think it would be cool to have a trade section on here? Who knows what kind of cool deals we can make. I know I have a few pieces I wouldn't mind trading. THOUGHTS? Anyone?

Olav
02-02-2013, 09:22 AM
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj138/saintOlav/smilies%20for%20every%20occasion/thread_moved.gif
We've had this suggestion come up before.
http://www.leftyguitartrader.com/forum/showthread.php?2799-Possible-quot-for-trade-quot-thread
Posters wanting to trade can use the FT prefix and make it clear their item is for trade only. I personally don't see advantages in a seperate For Trade section.

LeftyParasite
02-02-2013, 12:22 PM
That is a matter of opinion. Point well taken. Thanks!

cosmic_ape
02-02-2013, 12:36 PM
How about a filter within the For Sale section where you can click an option to only display the listings with a FT prefix? That way, it would be easier to locate them.

Although, this is a rather small forum, so I don't know if that would be really necessary...

Olav
02-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Southside of town there's a stall in the marketplace that has guitars, but for trading only, meaning you'll have to (HAVE TO) part with one of your instruments if you want one of these. This vendor is a fan of guitars, he brought several in his van and would like nothing more than to return to his home with the same amount of guitars. Maybe one or two less if he can trade up.

On the Eastside it's marketday too. There's a stall with guitars for sale. You would only need to bring money. Trading offers are considered, but this isn't why the vendor got up early that morning. He wants to go home with an empty van and a filled wallet. You'll have to offer him something really good if he's to go home with a guitar lying in the back.

Westside of town has a market today too. There's a guy there that has his stall flowing over with guitars. Some he might let go if you offer him the right amount of money. Others have a card that says if you bring him a nice fiddle he'll let you walk off with the guitar. Above his stall is a banner; "Anything goes. Just ASK"

I've been GASsing for a nice new plunker. I got some cash, probably enough to buy me what I want, but I also have a couple geets I don't play as often as I should. And I may just wanna go and buy a chainsaw. Or a breadoven. Or... All I know is I ain't in no damn mood to go schlepping around town all day.
What part of town do I go to?

ThaBassment
02-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Um, I don't know, which market has the best feng shui?

LeftyParasite
02-04-2013, 11:35 AM
I find Olav to be very intuitive... :)

ArrowHead
02-04-2013, 01:57 PM
The problem is that "FT" is too short to use as a search term. So one cannot use the "search this forum" feature to browse only for items being traded.

Solutions could be changing the search requirement so one can do a search for 2 letters, making the forum sortable so you can view only FS or FT listings, or lengthening the prefix to a longer "TRADE" "SALE" term that can be searched.

All of which are pointless, as a single visit once a week and checking the "for sale" and "keeping an eye out" threads will yield any new listings of any sort in about 10 seconds. Why need to refine further? This forum isn't busy enough for it to be a problem.

beneharris
02-04-2013, 02:17 PM
All of which are pointless, as a single visit once a week and checking the "for sale" and "keeping an eye out" threads will yield any new listings of any sort in about 10 seconds. Why need to refine further? This forum isn't busy enough for it to be a problem.
I will happily change the prefix to read "For Trade" so its searchable, instead of just "FT."

This part of your quote I agree with. There is just not enough traffic in the for sale section to make it that hard to sort through.

Edit: done

Although, prefixes may not be searchable. Let me know if it helps

LeftyParasite
02-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Thank you Mr. Harris..... who knows...maybe the "trade" part of it will ignite some fire in here...who knows.

Olav
02-04-2013, 04:29 PM
I believe the Testdummy has a sh1tload of gear for sale and trade. Let's see if he's in a posting mood.

testdummy
02-04-2013, 04:41 PM
The testdummy does have some sh1t to put in the classifieds.

Olav
02-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Searching for [Trade] or [For trade] yields (among other threads) ; http://www.leftyguitartrader.com/forum/showthread.php?4640-POS-airguitar&p=34402#post34402
So it works. Maybe Ben can change the other prefixes too? I know he's hard at work (or hardly working?) judging by his generous offer in TDs thread.