PDA

View Full Version : Lefty Guitar Trader App

Flashback55
12-06-2012, 12:08 AM
What about a Lefty Guitar Trader App for Smartphones?
I was at work today & needed to PM a member using my Android mobile phone, or cell phone as you guys in the US call them & the pages are not smartphone friendly...............

Is it possible or to hard? I know nothing about making Apps but it could not be too hard as their are millions of the things on Google Play Store. .........

Just an idea what you think anygood or f***in' dumb??????????

Olav
12-06-2012, 03:12 AM
To be honest I have no clue how much work that would be. Not a bad idea, but not sure if doable. Noted though.

Jesse
12-06-2012, 07:29 AM
I think there are apps that convert a vbulletin forum to an app....but not sure how it is done. I don't THINK it is a hard thing to do, but I don't know. I know what the forums at bimmerforms and e46fanatics use it because whenever I go there on my phone they say that there is an app for viewing it. Would be cool if it isn't a mega job to do

Olav
12-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Tapatalk seems to be used to view loads of forums. That's as far as my knowledge of this stuff goes.

beneharris
12-06-2012, 09:39 AM
tapatalk is a good way to do it, but is fairly expensive.

Just a note, I do have a mobile version of the website available. You just have to change the forum view on the bottom left of the page with the dropdown box.

I'll add an app to the list of things that I need to look into. Good suggestion!

Olav
12-06-2012, 09:43 AM
O, that's right, there's a Mobile Style for the forum all the way down the bottom. That works for my Android. I don't use it anymore coz it won't let me get ma mod-groove on.
Also, I like doing that two-finger zoom thing. Makes me seem all hip and 'with it'. :D

beneharris
12-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Granted, the mobile style is a bit ugly, but its there. Its slow at work today, I'll research tapatalk.

cosmic_ape
12-06-2012, 11:05 AM
I added the mobile TGP app to my previous phone and thought it was awful, so I got rid of it right away. I use the regular sites now.

beneharris
12-06-2012, 11:18 AM
The tapatalk license is $100 up front, and $39/mo for iOS and Android. That is just for the license that is premade and just integrates with your forum. If you want to design your own through tapatalk the license is $999.

I'll look at some other alternatives. The easier thing to do would be to make a real mobile version of the site, not the premade one that comes bundled with vbulletin.

Jesse
12-08-2012, 02:12 PM
#yikes

Flashback55
12-09-2012, 05:47 PM
The tapatalk license is $100 up front, and $39/mo for iOS and Android. That is just for the license that is premade and just integrates with your forum. If you want to design your own through tapatalk the license is $999.

I'll look at some other alternatives. The easier thing to do would be to make a real mobile version of the site, not the premade one that comes bundled with vbulletin.

Sorry guys I didn't realize it would be so expensive, seemed like a good idea at the time:behindsofa:
I did find this free app maker, not sure if it is any good as I am not a computer nerd...............
http://www.appsbar.com/

beneharris
12-09-2012, 06:03 PM
No sweat man, thanks for posting that link up, I'll check it out.