PDA

View Full Version : LGT Merch - Contest inside!

beneharris
08-28-2012, 12:24 AM
Alright guys, this should actually be some fun. I am going to roll out a merch section for the site, that lets us order individual pieces of merch. None of this buy $1500 worth of swag crap. It is excellent that we can do it this way, because, lets face it, none of us want to hold onto that much merch until it gets paid off.

So, we need a logo. This is where the contest comes in. Design one, we'll vote on it, and whoever wins gets a free tshirt.

Keep these things in mind:

1. It needs to fit on a tshirt.
2. Keep it appropriate. No naked ladies, bad words, those sort of things. We will be wearing these in public, and its advertising for the site, and we want to project a good image.
3. No direct copyright violations. If you use a fender style headstock, make sure it doesn't have an "F" or something on it.
4. Be realistic. They're going on shirts, so it can't be some uber detailed Sistine chapel masterpiece. Although I'll rep you if thats what you put up.
5. Lets stick to a couple of things at first: tshirts, hoodies, ball caps. That sort of thing. If you really want to do more, please, go ahead, but for the sake of the voting, pm me your submissions, otherwise I think it will be to hard to keep track of.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get some ideas flowing. I'll post up a template of some sort here in a few minutes. Just FYI, here are the sort of things we can add logos to besides normal apparel: mouse pads, water bottles, christmas ornaments, beer mugs, coffee mugs.

Have fun with this. We'll vote at the end of the month, that way everybody can have time to see this and make something. Post up what you have in the meantime so we can see.

If you see any artwork on the site you would find helpful, PM me and I will provide it. As long as it isn't property of a vendor, or somebody else. Also, the artwork chosen, and any artwork that ends up being used will obviously be property of the website.

beneharris
08-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Here are a few requirements.

Design Image Requirements

Sending your design to us in the right file format is super critical to getting a great looking piece of swag to fans and followers.
What do you recommend I send you?

File Type: PNG (Protable Network Graphics Format)
Background: Transparent
Color Mode: RGB
Size: max is 10MB
Resolution: 200-300 DPI or PPI
Why PNG?

The PNG format does not use compression and therefore is a “lossless” format that retains all of the details apparent in your original design. This file type offers a transparency feature and is the only file format we accept for Premium Printing.

Do you accept other file types?

JPG or JPEG - JPGs are ideal for photographs because of their ideal mix between compression and image quality. If your design is primarily text-based, has straight edges, or large blocks of solid colors, we do not recommend this format. Overall, JPGs work best for photographs on products offered with basic printing.

GIF – This format is supported but not recommended except for the simplest of designs.

BMP – This format is supported but not recommended except for the simplest of designs.
What is DPI, and PPI?

Resolution determines how much detail is printed onto the final product and we measure this as DPI or PPI. Since resolution is just a fancy word for how many microscopic dots, or pixels, there are in your image. The term PPI stands for “pixels per inch” and is a measure of how many pixels there are in one square inch of your image. The higher the PPI, the higher the resolution and thus the better your image will look on the printed product. DPI stands for “dots per inch” and is very similar to pixels per inch.

What size/resolution works best?

We’ve found 200 DPI resolution to be the best combination of image quality and file size. Designing your image above 200 PPI will increase the file size exponentially while the image quality will remain essentially the same. If you download a product template you won’t have to worry about DPI, PPI, and resolution because all templates come standard at 200 PPI.

How big can my file be?

Our servers will accept files up to 10 MB in size.

What about vector artwork?

We do not require vector artwork for our printing methods.

Here is a link for templates
http://www.printfection.com/help/product_templates

beneharris
08-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Come on guys, anybody plan to do this? Or should I just go ahead and use straight up letters?

Blue Church2
08-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Come on guys, anybody plan to do this? Or should I just go ahead and use straight up letters?

Is there a way we can put a headstock together and instead of the brand for the guitar, have LGT in the center? and on the back side, have a trademark sentence that goes something like: "Where all the lefty guitarist meet." Then on the bottom, visit www.leftyguitartrader.com/

Jesse
08-30-2012, 11:24 PM
for the record, my idea was:

ESP/LTD style headstock (lefty) with LGT in the same logo as ESP or LTD (can use the same L, change the D to a G, use the T). Where those headstocks put the model number/custom (Horizon Custom) put Lefty Guitar Trader.

Make it happen!

beneharris
08-31-2012, 12:30 AM
There we go. Two ideas right there! Keep em coming.

Blue Church2
08-31-2012, 12:36 AM
If you want, I can try to draw up a sketch of my design and Jesse to see how they'll look.

beneharris
08-31-2012, 12:40 AM
Sure go for it. That's why I put the free shirt/some form of apparel out there. To encourage just that :)

Blue Church2
08-31-2012, 12:48 AM
True. I'll have them up before the end of the weekend because I have school and other stuff tomorrow.

white-angel
08-31-2012, 05:30 AM
Ill think of something over the weekend! :)