PDA

View Full Version : New forum: Supporting Vendors

Jesse
04-20-2012, 12:01 AM
Please see the new forum and announcement I just posted globally. Thanks everyone :D

cosmic_ape
04-20-2012, 12:33 AM
Jesse, the other lefty forum has established a voluntary donation of 1% for purchases made through the forum. Maybe you should include this option for people here, too. I'd be glad to contribute this way, too. Just set up a PayPal account!

I always wondered how come you haven't done this before. I commend you for establishing this forum and for giving us the opportunity to interact this way. I bet there are other lefties who would be honored to contribute with a couple of bucks to help pay for the upkeep of this wonderful place.

Freezesuckah
04-20-2012, 07:02 AM
I've got a question for you, Jesse.

Does clicking on the ads that are near the top of the page actually give you more of a return/more money for the site?

Jesse
04-20-2012, 09:02 AM
I've gotten $200 total from the click ads on top thus far (I think it's been like 1.5 years since I had it). I'm not going to accept donations from members at this time. If I think of something special, like a "premium" membership with something that would actually make it worth it....then maybe (for example, the 350z forum has some hidden forums for premium members). As of now, I just want to break even on stuff and keep the site running indefinitely and be able to fix things when they go wrong (like malware warnings, etc.).

saufen
04-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Jesse your a stand up dude! But in the spirit of fun why not do an annual guitar raffle like we did in 2011?

cosmic_ape
04-20-2012, 03:57 PM
That's a good idea!

thepylestory
04-20-2012, 04:41 PM
financially i would be willing help this site in anyway. a big thanks to jesse and the banhammer olav!!

Doc Rorick
04-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Jesse your a stand up dude! But in the spirit of fun why not do an annual guitar raffle like we did in 2011?

+1 to that!

financially i would be willing help this site in anyway. a big thanks to jesse and the banhammer olav!!

+1 to that too; count me amongst those who would be willing to help the site.

Hey, can I get my username changed? "online_auto_insurance" has a nice ring to it...

Bob
04-20-2012, 05:45 PM
I think a lot of forums ask that venders donate a small portion of the sales to the site when they sell something.....

A raffle sounds good to me too. Need some venders to donate a guitar, amp, pedal(s) etc... that would be nice.

Olav
04-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Hmmm, vendors donating a guitar sounds too good to be true. At least for a guitar worth holding a raffle for.
I imagine some dealers/vendors on here are thinking up some exquisite ideas on how to increase views for the forum.

beneharris
04-25-2012, 11:39 PM
this is a few days old, but I too would like to help if the time ever comes where you find a solution that works for you Jesse. you've been gracious enough to provide us a great place, I can't think of a reason to not help keep it going!

Blue Church2
04-29-2012, 11:11 PM
^ I totally agree. If you are strapped for cash to pay the site/server up, let me know and I have no issue giving out cash so we all can enjoy this website.