PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome Malware warning

Olav
04-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Administrator is working on the problem.
Please limit your questions and observations to this thread.

MetalDaze
04-11-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm an IE user and I was recently infected by a Trojan/Rootkit that my virus checker would clean, but it would keep coming back.

I had a feeling that it might have come from here because of timing coincidences, but wasn't sure. This free utility killed it for good:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208283363

If you've noticed IE redirecting you to weird sites or your virus scanner keeps complaining about the same thing over and over, it's really quick to download and it worked for me.

Jesse
04-11-2012, 02:08 PM
There could not possibly be any malware on the site, as I have not added anything to it. I will email esteve though to double check.

MetalDaze
04-11-2012, 03:37 PM
As a guy who works in the high tech field, I agree that there's probably nothing on the server that hosts this site. The one thing that could happen (and could happen on many sites) is that one of the ads included the malware.

I'm sure Google checks for that stuff, but even the big guys let something slip through every once in a while.

I don't have any proof that what happened to me came from here and hopefully it was just a big false alarm.

Jesse
04-16-2012, 08:33 AM
should be fixed

cosmic_ape
04-16-2012, 11:00 AM
I don't know if it's related, but the site would not load for me last night... It stopped working and the chat was turned off and then if I wanted to visit any thread of different section, it's give me an error message...

Olav
04-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Fixed for me.

Ape; that's some weird sh*t. Maybe that has something to do with Google finally doing a test visit? Does it still not function properly?

Regarding the malware Alert; As I understand it, Google was behind on Security Checks. They hadn't tested the site for more than 90 days. Also, in the past, they had found indications of malware. Which in itself is peculiar, because, as Jesse mentioned, noone had added anything that should have aroused their suspicion.
Anyways; it's over now. Have a cold one.