PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Fender American Std. Telecaster, maple fretboard

ch willie
03-30-2012, 07:00 PM
I've had my Telecaster for about a month, and the crux of it is, this is a fantastic guitar. It helps that it came out of the box with super low action--no buzz, no problems. I've read on other sites that the new American Stds have substandard bridge plates, etc. This is just kvetching: the guitar is a dream. I get plenty of twang, plenty of sustain, and plenty of tone. The neck pickup is warm, but not muddy. The bridge pickup is a twang machine. I won't be upgrading the pickups. Why should I when these sound fantastic? I can understand that people love the three saddles of vintage Teles, but I prefer the six saddles on this guitar. It's perfectly intonated. I also like the three position switch; that middle position makes for some beautiful rhythm sounds. The neck is perfect--not too big, not too thin. I love the nitro? coating on the fretboard; it makes for easy gliding. I have a Gibby Les Paul and an Am. Std. Strat, but I have barely touched them in the last month (I do love them as well). In short, this guitar is such an incredible instrument, and I can't remember bonding as quickly with any instrument. Why pay for Fender Custom Shop?

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/wmmnorthcutt/SANY2341.jpg

Dutchvantage
03-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Nice couple!

ch willie
03-31-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks. I debated about getting the Tele in a sunburst too, but at the end of the day, I love Fender 3-color sunbursts. Had to have it.

Doc Rorick
03-31-2012, 02:48 PM
Congrats, Chicken House!

Very cool that you and the tele are clicking like that. What a great feeling it is when a guitar just feels like it was made for you!

ch willie
03-31-2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks, man, it is a great feeling. It's seriously eating into my work time. When I'm not playing it or looking at it, I'm thinking about it.

Lefty Adams
04-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Hey thanks for this, doesn't make my choice any easier. Deciding between a mexican Tele and a US one. US one about twice the price of course, but will I be twice as happy with one?