PDA

View Full Version : MP3 player - either embedded or widget

greenblob
05-13-2011, 06:36 PM
How about an in page MP3 player so users can link to their music/demos stored online and everyone can hear (stream) them without ever having to navigate away from the forum or download them? I have a site that lets unsigned musicians post and discuss their tunes, and the embedded player I've used for 2 years on is a core function on there and is yet to fail me.

Was specifically thinking the LGT "Center Stage" section might benefit from something similar.. Whatcha think?

Jesse
05-13-2011, 07:26 PM
have you ever seen a bulletin board with that? If you have let me know and I can have steve add it. I've never seen it, though :(

greenblob
05-13-2011, 10:43 PM
yeah.. after talking to my buddy who's the brains of our page, this will work as long as the code is embedded, ie: paste the code script into either the header or footer..
This is the tidiest player we've used and the code is here..

http://mediaplayer.yahoo.com/

You can see it in action at our site: www.thefreemusiclabel.com

Lemmie know what you think.

Jesse
05-14-2011, 09:40 AM
wait, where is it on the page?

Bob
05-14-2011, 10:54 AM
It's under Rawcuts i believe Jesse

Jesse
05-14-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm using firefox, I don't see any embedded player. When I clicked on a song it directed me away from the site. I think he was asking about an integrated player right?

greenblob
05-14-2011, 12:14 PM
in my page it's the song title in blue within the post body.. then the song will play in a new floating body and the main page never changes..

any link with an ending in ".mp3" (or a few
others: .ogg, .wav .flac, etc)automatically redirects to the embedded player.. the links posted by users appear as errr.. hmm.. the best example I can do in raw text is:

> LGT Song

It will either has a pause (II) or a play (>) symbol against it in the page depending on the browser.

greenblob
05-14-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm using firefox, I don't see any embedded player. When I clicked on a song it directed me away from the site. I think he was asking about an integrated player right?

Update your Adobe Flash Player (or download Firefox to get the newest version of both).. or use Chrome (automatically updates).. I'm allergic to the other man stream options..

greenblob
05-14-2011, 12:31 PM
duplicate post.. sorry.. just woke up!

Jesse
05-19-2011, 09:53 AM
done via zippyshare (see Steve's post)