PDA

View Full Version : Tokia Strat for sale on Ebay in UK

Zebadee
02-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Not by me I might add............ I've got a leftie Tokia Breezysound and they are superb guitars but this has got to be a tad on the expensive side

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-left-handed-Stratocaster-vintage-mid-80s-/290529669545?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item43a4eaf1a9

Mr.9 Fingers
02-13-2011, 08:20 PM
I want some of what this dude is smoking! The difference between those and many of the MIJ Strat style guitars is the label on the headstock. They are all literally made in the same factory by the same people. They are all great guitars and are on par with most of the US made offerings by Fender, but they're not $1000+ guitars by any means. However, they were good enough for Fender to restrict export of the MIJ Strats, Tele's etc... out of Japan. Most of those sellers will not ship a MIJ Fender to the U.S.

Olav
02-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Not exactly true what you said about the same factory building all these MiJ guitars, but let's not get into that.
You may have never seen a Tokai sell for $1000, I'm sure it will sell for the equivalent somewhere in Europe (€700-€750). Too bad seller's pictures aren't very clear. If he wants this guitar to sell at this price he needs to give 'evidence' of what year it's from i.e. serial number, stamps on back of pups, markings in neckpocket and on heel of neck etc.

Zebadee
02-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Sorry to correct you guys but it's a UK sale not a USA sale. It's for sale in POUNDS not Dollars and 999 is equal to approx $1600 right now. Making it as I said a VERY expensive guitar regardless of it's date/originality in my opinion. These guitars usually sell in the UK for around half that figure at the very best.