PDA

View Full Version : Spreading The Word

SouthpawGuy
01-26-2011, 06:17 AM
Hi all if everyone puts the following into their sigs on other forums, TGP, TDPRI, MyLesPaul, or wherever other lefties may hang out, the word about LGT will be spread to all. Its a clickable link directly to the LGT home page. Just copy and paste the following text into your sig.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
URL="http://leftyguitartrader.com/"]Lefty Guitar Trader Forum[/URL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then add a [ at the start ..... [URL

and a ] at the end ...... /URL]

It will also make a reference to LGT turn up in a Google search that may find any web page with this sig on it. For the sig to work you may have to log out and back in again for it to appear. Check out my sig to see it working.

Just a thought, my 2c for the cause !

:banger:

Jesse
01-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Yea that would definitely be helpful. I might have Steve make an actual picture to insert into sigs, a clickable picture. We're gaining new members by the day, this is starting to really pick up steam!

Olav
01-26-2011, 09:50 AM
OK the days of PMing fellow lefties (when you find one out) on other forums is over and we're pulling out the big guns now?
I might warn you that some Moderators take offense to bannering other forums on their space though.

esteve
01-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Hey guys,

Another option might be to add a link to "My Guitar Collection" on your sig for other forums, and just link it to your LGT album -- which would seem more legit than blatantly advertising another forum. For example, this is the format of an album link:
http://www.leftyguitartrader.com/forum/album.php?albumid=24

You just need to go to your own album and copy the link.

Just a thought... glad things are picking up around here. The Q & A is an awesome idea Jesse, and the more quality content like this you can create, the more traffic you will get. That is the best way to do it.

Another good feature might be for someone to do a write up on making your own custom guitar... the process, and the cost. Whether it's a DIY or you're looking to hire someone to do it... pros and cons. This kind of article would get linked to by righty and lefty websites in my opinion.

Thanks guys!
-Steve

Olav
01-26-2011, 10:58 AM
I tried that in the past Steve, didn't work because viewing these albums requires logging in...

esteve
01-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Try it now... :D

SouthpawGuy
01-26-2011, 11:52 AM
OK the days of PMing fellow lefties (when you find one out) on other forums is over and we're pulling out the big guns now?
I might warn you that some Moderators take offense to bannering other forums on their space though.

I've been using a similar sig on other forums, some of which are particular about sigs, and have had no problems so far. It's only text and not really noticeable whereas a picture or jpg would probably draw more attention.

Jesse
01-26-2011, 01:14 PM
I've been using it in my sig too, obviously, and the only place to give me hell about it was a BMW forum (lol). I think the guy over at the Agile forum is going to be a pain about it, though, he wouldn't even respond to my PM about link sharing...so I took them off the front page

Olav
01-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Try it now... :D

I did, but I'm not sure if it works... See, I logged out of here. Logged in to AgileGuitarForum, updated my sig with a link to my album here, clicked and the LGTf server/thing/whatchamacallit logged me in! Hmmm. Can someone else click that link on there?
Here's my last post on AGF; http://www.agileguitarforum.com/showthread.php?tid=3066&pid=44685#pid44685
See if that logs you in to my membership here. O! and yes, I do like to freak the funk out.

SouthpawGuy
01-26-2011, 03:31 PM
I did, but I'm not sure if it works... See, I logged out of here. Logged in to AgileGuitarForum, updated my sig with a link to my album here, clicked and the LGTf server/thing/whatchamacallit logged me in! Hmmm. Can someone else click that link on there?
Here's my last post on AGF; http://www.agileguitarforum.com/showthread.php?tid=3066&pid=44685#pid44685
See if that logs you in to my membership here. O! and yes, I do like to freak the funk out.

It's working now, I can view all of your pictures without logging in.

Olav
01-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks man!

SouthpawGuy
01-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks man!

No problem :banger: :rockin:

Bob
01-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Hi all if everyone puts the following into their sigs on other forums, TGP, TDPRI, MyLesPaul, or wherever other lefties may hang out, the word about LGT will be spread to all. Its a clickable link directly to the LGT home page. Just copy and paste the following text into your sig.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
URL="http://leftyguitartrader.com/"]Lefty Guitar Trader Forum[/URL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then add a [ at the start ..... [URL

and a ] at the end ...... /URL]

It will also make a reference to LGT turn up in a Google search that may find any web page with this sig on it. For the sig to work you may have to log out and back in again for it to appear. Check out my sig to see it working.

Just a thought, my 2c for the cause !

:banger:

ok i'm game, Jesse deserves the advertisement :headbang;

Thank you again Jesse for all you have done here.

Edit:

Come to think of it i've seen allroypa advertise here at another lefty forum for awhile

Bob
01-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Not sure if this is the place to put this or not.......but

Jesse have you ever turned Elliot Easton on to your forum here? I know he is a member at leftyfrets.net and TDPRI.

I noticed you have a couple vids/interviews of his on the home page at the bottom under Popular Posts.

Up to you, i don't know him or i would............i do however have LGT forum link in my sig at both places.

Jesse
01-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Not sure if this is the place to put this or not.......but

Jesse have you ever turned Elliot Easton on to your forum here? I know he is a member at leftyfrets.net and TDPRI.

I noticed you have a couple vids/interviews of his on the home page at the bottom under Popular Posts.

Up to you, i don't know him or i would............i do however have LGT forum link in my sig at both places.

If you are a regular over there you should totally invite him over. See what he says!

Bob
01-28-2011, 06:41 PM
If you are a regular over there you should totally invite him over. See what he says!

ok i'll PM him and tell him to check LGT out tonight or tomorrow. The wife will be home soon so i will have to listen to how her day went for a couple hours..........

Edit:

Done

saufen
02-09-2011, 01:03 AM
I have in my signature the link to this site and the name on the Kramer forum for some time now and I havent had anyone say anything.. I think alot of specific guitar forums feel bad for us leftys and we are a breed of our own so spreding the word is something they dont really care about because this forum isnt competing or promoting only one brand ect...

Jesse
02-09-2011, 07:41 AM
I have in my signature the link to this site and the name on the Kramer forum for some time now and I havent had anyone say anything.. I think alot of specific guitar forums feel bad for us leftys and we are a breed of our own so spreding the word is something they dont really care about because this forum isnt competing or promoting only one brand ect...

That's what I was thinking, and why I am always surprised when other forum mods get butt-hurt over things...as if us lefties don't have it hard enough already.

otterhound
02-11-2011, 08:57 AM
I sent a PM to Jesse about this . I realize that there are costs associated with running this forum . I am willing to submit a build at cost to this forum to raffle off as a fund raiser . I just don't have the means to donate fully . I did this over at Lefty Frets last year and it went well . My purposes for this are two fold . First is to contribute to the cause . Second is shameless self promotion . Opinions please .

Olav
02-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Kudos on the shameless self promotion! I think any raffle winner will be a very lucky guy to own one of your guitars. I suggest to wet everyones appetite you post the proces of building this guitar (if J even agrees, he has strong feelings about contributions) on the forum.
More power to ya Otter! I'd offer to do the same if my experience and skills in the art of building were of a bit of a higher level. Maybe if this becomes an annual event (jumping that gun much?) I could offer something similar.

crawdaddy
02-11-2011, 04:23 PM
I sent a PM to Jesse about this . I realize that there are costs associated with running this forum . I am willing to submit a build at cost to this forum to raffle off as a fund raiser . I just don't have the means to donate fully . I did this over at Lefty Frets last year and it went well . My purposes for this are two fold . First is to contribute to the cause . Second is shameless self promotion . Opinions please .

What are you saying?? Are you saying that you are going to sell me your mahogany Fender Tele for $200 and send half the proceeds to Mr. Big.......I don't care what anybody says, you're an alright dude!!! :boink:

A guy can dream can't he??

On a more serious note, I agree with what the Olavmeister stated just above me here, well at least the preceding page. Kudos!! :clap2: :clap2:

Jesse
02-11-2011, 08:10 PM
I love the idea, but I really don't want to take money from members. I have to think about this, but the contest is really too cool to NOT do

otterhound
02-11-2011, 09:06 PM
All I will say is that no one will be forced to participate . All I ask is that you consider this . If you don't want to do this , I will not be offended . I accept and understand your position on this .
Crawdaddy , the guy that won the raffle over at lefty frets invested in $100.00 if I recall correctly , and won a guitar . Hell , the neck alone would be worth more than that .
They do this over at the TDPRI . I tried to contribute a lefty build , but they refused to accept because they didn't want to offer a guitar that the majority of their members could not use . I even offered to exchange with a righty if the winner was a righty .
The forum wins because it helps to support the costs associated with running the site and the builder gets some exposure .
You could take the over cost funds and donate them in the forum's name possibly use the extra funds to acquire a lefty guitar of any type to donate to a worthy cause like a children's home or something .
I could offer this one now , since it is already built .
http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii389/otterhound1/PA030001.jpg
http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii389/otterhound1/PA030002.jpg
I leave it with you .
PM me if you would like details on how this worked over at Lefty Frets .

Jesse
02-11-2011, 09:37 PM
you do beautiful work, beautiful. Let me sleep on it, I'm pretty delerious after driving 6 hours and snowboarding from 9am to 4pm today.

saufen
03-09-2011, 06:24 PM
I think a raffle is a cool idea. however tickets should be reasonable lets say for a MIM strat they go used for 250.00 so @ 5 bucks get 50 tickets u break even. some would buy more and if we could get a really good deal on it then even better...reguardless this site needs to be up and running..lefty frets and us should be linked and on good terms even if one is more orentated to a certain crowd...we are all still leftys

Bob
04-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Back on topic:

Jesse i just got my link to here i had in my sig at TDPRI forum removed by Paul Green the site owner.............said they don't allow links promoting other forums in signatures...........what an ass wipe

AllroyPA
04-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Back on topic:
Jesse i just got my link to here i had in my sig at TDPRI forum removed by Paul Green the site owner.............said they don't allow links promoting other forums in signatures...........what an ass wipe
Yea, be careful, Paul's had the itchy BANNED! finger lately. :noidea:

Jesse
04-19-2011, 09:05 PM
What site is that?

otterhound
04-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Back on topic:

I believe that could be the same guy that refused to allow me to even offer a lefty optional build for their annual fund raiser raffle . Sad , but it is his place . I just don't get it sometimes .

AllroyPA
04-19-2011, 09:42 PM
What site is that?
He owns the Geat Talk sites, strat-talk , squier-talk, TDPRI (tele forum) ...
Telecaster Forum
Gretsch Forum
Gibson Forum
Squier Forum
AxeTalk Forum

Bob
04-20-2011, 11:24 AM
otterhound, your lefty thread is going to get me banned over there lol

naw just kidding but to let you know. i am rolling56 at TDPRI.

otterhound
04-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Stay safe , man . I honestly believe from my correspondence with the owner that he is the main anti type . I recently was in PM contact with GetBent and he was unaware of me even submitting my request after the owner stated the he had run the idea by the moderators of which GetBent is one . It really is a no harm , no foul thing for me . I just wanted to bring up the topic for exposure and discussion .

Jesse
04-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Some people are monumental d-bags who are control freaks (hi Ultimate Guitar!). Don't worry, in time we won't need their bullshit anymore. Hell, hopefully one day this will be THE place for lefties to sell their stuff to other enthusiasts.

Bob
04-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Some people are monumental d-bags who are control freaks (hi Ultimate Guitar!). Don't worry, in time we won't need their bullshit anymore. Hell, hopefully one day this will be THE place for lefties to sell their stuff to other enthusiasts.

ya i understand rules are rules but with the people at TDPRI saying there is only 7-10 % of the population that play lefty i highly doubt i ran off any members to come here and never go back to TDPRI

Jesse i am here for the long haul so hope you can put up with me lol

otterhound
04-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Ironically , offering a lefty option on a fund raiser guitar would serve to keep leftys involved at TDPRI . I do enjoy it there because of my love of Teles . I don't give a rat's if someone is lefty or righty .

saufen
04-24-2011, 01:40 AM
what is TDPRI?

AllroyPA
04-24-2011, 08:42 AM
A popular telecaster forum http://www.tdpri.com/

Bob
05-03-2011, 05:16 PM
oh lovely :yell: .........looks like the preacher at leftyfrets took out my link to here i had in my sig.......Never even PM'd me or emailed me about it. I would have gladly edited my sig if i had been asked.

I also made a comment in a thread that i did NOT start about how DHR doesn't take trade ins and got a PM for saying "his (Dale the owner) prices scare me" and got jumped on for just typing that........if your not in their "click" over there, they will ban you or use scare tactics to protect the dealers there.

If it wasn't for Elliot Easton and his group purchases i like to see i doubt i would even go over there.

Thank you Jesse for having and keeping this great non biased forum here we can discuss lefty shops without the fear of getting banned or the use of scare tactics :hail:

AllroyPA
05-03-2011, 05:49 PM
... damn straight, us motherfuckers gotta keep it tight ...
(I hardly swear for real, it's just fun here)

SouthpawGuy
05-03-2011, 08:12 PM
oh lovely :yell: .........looks like the preacher at leftyfrets took out my link to here i had in my sig.......Never even PM'd me or emailed me about it. I would have gladly edited my sig if i had been asked.

I also made a comment in a thread that i did NOT start about how DHR doesn't take trade ins and got a PM for saying "his (Dale the owner) prices scare me" and got jumped on for just typing that........if your not in their "click" over there, they will ban you or use scare tactics to protect the dealers there.

If it wasn't for Elliot Easton and his group purchases i like to see i doubt i would even go over there.

Thank you Jesse for having and keeping this great non biased forum here we can discuss lefty shops without the fear of getting banned or the use of scare tactics :hail:

Which is exactly why I don't post over there very often these days.

AllroyPA
05-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Which is exactly why I don't post over there very often these days.
I like the song game, let's get that going on our turf~!

crawdaddy
05-03-2011, 09:59 PM
I'll bite, what's the song game?

AllroyPA
05-04-2011, 04:32 AM
I'll bite, what's the song game?
It's when you have to name a next song with a word contained from the song before it ...

otterhound
05-04-2011, 08:15 AM
Let's do a test .
I'll start ,
Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict / Pink Floyd

62LeftyBlues
05-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Let's do a test .
I'll start ,
Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict / Pink Floyd

Come Together - the Beatles

AllroyPA
05-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Let's do a test .
I'll start ,
I'll start a thread ..... in proper place ...

Jesse
05-13-2011, 12:51 AM

He actually denied my membership in the beginning because it was "Act of God" and he thought it was sacrilegious. I haven't been over there in a long, long time but he seemed harmless and nice enough.

Act of God = www.myspace.com/aog1994

Jesse
05-19-2011, 09:34 AM
666! :dimebag::headbang;