PDA

View Full Version : Classified Section

beatles1909
01-16-2011, 08:39 PM
I think the for sale section would be much more effective if ads were re-posted (or deleted) once sold) every month instead of leaving old ads up. I found when looking at ads & there are lots of outdated items after a while I just don't check them out anymore, therefore the potential for a seller or buyer to miss out on some great stuff.

just a thought one southpaw to another...:band:

crawdaddy
01-17-2011, 08:59 AM
I second the motion, that is a great idea. Maybe the catagory can be set to delete a thread automatically after one or possibly 2 months of inactivity.

SouthpawGuy
01-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Some forums have an archive feature, maybe old threads could be archived ? It might be handy when looking for pics of a particular guitar or model, after all the lefty world is very small and pics can be hard to come by. Just a thought.

esteve
01-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Hey guys,

I think the best way to ensure classified ads are still valid are for the OP to update their ads. Since the OP is the only one who really knows the status of the sale, we can only try to encourage that members update their ad posts when they've sold an item.

As for archiving old images, this would probably be up to Jesse if he wanted to save photos from classified posts and add them to an album... just depends on if he has time to do something like this.

I suppose that the classified section could be pruned every 6 months or so, but keep in mind then that if you've posted something for sale in there, you will need to repost it every so often or at least update the thread to keep it alive. This would be Jesse's call too, as it would be something he'd probably need to do manually to a certain extent!

Thanks for the suggestion guys, keep em coming!

AllroyPA
01-21-2011, 09:26 PM
We do a similar thing on a forum I frequent. What we do there is any For Sale item stays up for 3 months for newcomers to review any relavent information discussed, then they are canned. If the info is important then start a thread about it in an appropriate section, because the posts will be in the pooper soon enough. Then the OP can repost if it's still available.

62LeftyBlues
01-21-2011, 09:50 PM
When an ad is put in, the rules state it must have a price. You could also state the ad must be given a status after 30 days (item sold or still available). If it is not given an update status at the 30 days it gets closed out to an archive. Just an idea. Thanks

Pauly
04-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Are there any iTrader type tools so that people can see buyers/sellers records? That kind of thing always makes people more comfortable to do business with other members. I just use my eBay profile and feedback, but it'd be handy to have references on here.

One thing I feel about any classified section is the maximum amount is done to make sure nobody gets scammed or messed about, especially when dealing with things that are costing $1000+, so there's a few rules (such as stating a price which we already have) to encourage fair and easy buying/selling/trading.

bob_amos
04-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Good idea. I'm for it.

avb3
04-30-2011, 09:20 PM
i think a finished FS thread should be locked instead of deleted.

AllroyPA
05-01-2011, 04:24 AM
When an ad is put in, the rules state it must have a price. You could also state the ad must be given a status after 30 days (item sold or still available). If it is not given an update status at the 30 days it gets closed out to an archive. Just an idea. Thanks
Yes, we do this at the JV Forum

i think a finished FS thread should be locked instead of deleted.
It forces peeps to repost, or not.