PDA

View Full Version : new members catagory

crawdaddy
02-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Letter to Mr. Jesse:

I just happened to notice a new member at the bottom of the page and got to thinking that maybe there should be a "welcome" catagory.

I know it helped me integrate into another forum that our own Mr. AllroyPA had recommended. If newbies can come in talk about themselves a bit and have an immediate interaction with others it will ease them in to the leftiness that we all are.

Just thinking aloud.

EDIT: I almost forgot, kudos for the site. This is probably the most laid back forum with easy to get along with people form such diverse backgrounds out there. I know that I've met some great people on this forum and have received great pleasure and learned more than I knew before.

Olav
02-26-2010, 09:18 AM
+1! I never realised there was no Introductions here. That might just help.
On Mosriteforum nemby members are required to introduce themselves if they want to post.

jp529
02-26-2010, 09:30 AM
:rockin:crawdaddy has a good idea here.i also agree there alot of cool people here!i cant imagine a day going by without seeing what going on here at the forum with everybody.on my first post here some of you said welcome to me and i felt like i fit in right away.first you said welcome and then demanded to see pics of my lefties.LOL!what a bunch of lefty guitar junkies you all are!!! JUST LIKE MYSELF! +1 for crawdaddys idea. olavs idea to introduce yourself on a welcome page is good as it may also address the spambot problem we have had here recently.....

Jesse
02-26-2010, 10:22 AM
You got it, I'll get on it now

Olav
02-26-2010, 12:38 PM
So whatchu say Jesse? I see you just opened an Introductions forum. Do the old boys go in there just to set an example? I'll let you kick off... ;)

Jesse
02-26-2010, 12:59 PM
So whatchu say Jesse? I see you just opened an Introductions forum. Do the old boys go in there just to set an example? I'll let you kick off... ;)

yea, that's not a bad idea...go for it