PDA

View Full Version : Help Spread the Word!

Jesse
02-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Welcome everyone,

As you know, this is a brand new site dedicated to us, the forgotten bastard children of the music industry. The more people we have, the stronger we will be and the better this site will become.

It is our goal to invite every left-handed guitar player we can find, join us and help achieve our goal!

- Jesse

LefthandDave
02-04-2009, 01:46 PM
I think I am your first subscriber. I hope we get alot of lefties to join. If you go to other message boards and let them know it is here we may find people who like to use message boards:) good luck:)

Jesse
02-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks for coming by, obviously things are going to be a little slow while we build members. I'm starting to hit some of the boards and hopefully everyone will come check it out.

Again, any suggestions for the site are more than welcome.

Paramedic006
02-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi Jesse, I think you pm'd me on seymour's site. I am all signed, activated, and ready to post. I did build the Strat HH but traded it for a 1995 ESP USA custom shop MIII, axe is sweet. I think I am number 2 to be registered. I will spread the gospel best I can. Bill

vking
02-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Well looks im late at numbr 3 :) Need to get more Smileys but i have been collecting a good handfull on myspace I will invite them;)

Paramedic006
02-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Rock on seven string, bring all you can. Did you check out my ESP on the site. Lefties rock

GodWentPunk
02-05-2009, 03:09 AM
I'm here.

joe...

Jesse
02-05-2009, 05:28 PM
23 guys in a little over a day, not a bad start! This might just turn out to be somethin...

GodWentPunk
02-05-2009, 05:49 PM
oh yeah, I'm actually a righty that plays lefty....:eek::confused::rolleyes::p
joe....

Campe
02-05-2009, 05:58 PM
I like it here. I hope things really take off.

Jesse
02-06-2009, 01:50 AM
Does anyone here frequent the Kramer or Jackson/Charvel forums? For some reason they have never activated my registration and I can't spread the word. I know there are a ton of us over there.

Are there any other gathering sites I missed? So far I got

Shredguitars
Harmony-Central
Jemsite
BC Rich Players
Seymour Duncan
Gibson Forums
Carvin BBS
Carvin Museum
Agile
Dean

Southpaw
02-06-2009, 07:58 AM
May want to check out Fender-talk forums

Jesse
02-06-2009, 11:03 AM
I just hit up Schecter, still haven't been able to post on Kramer or JCF...bastards

Edit: ESP forums too

Apparently I'm not doing anything at work today haha

Edit 2: Hit up Kramer Forums, but I still can't post there. Plus, there is no search function. Fail.
Just signed up for Fender Talk, Washburn and Peavey forums. Will hit them up this weekend

Current Goal: 50 members
Next tier: 100

Jesse
02-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Ultimate-Guitar forums had a ton of lefties (I sent out almost 20 PM's), Warmoth, Peavey too.

Southpaw
02-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Good Work Jesse :)

Jesse
02-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Good Work Jesse :)

Thanks dude, my eyes are basically bleeding from scouring forums haha. If anyone can think of more places for me to promote...post them up.

Recent hits:

Jackson/Charvel
Guitarists.net
Ibanez.com

jimmycrucifix
02-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Another Lefty in the house!! Thanks Jesse!! Cheers

jimmycrucifix
02-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Page is OK!!!

Paramedic006
02-08-2009, 03:40 PM
I had to call ESP to straighten out the posting issue after 2 weeks registering. Call tech support-I talked to Joshua at ESP-He is also a fellow lefty. After I called it took 2 hours. Joshua has actually nothing to do with the website but we got talking about my MIII and he took my email address over to the guy who does the forum. Hope this helps you Jesse.

WrenchDevil6
02-08-2009, 03:59 PM
I have a similar issue with "The Marshall Amp Forum" I registered, did not get my activation email, sent numerous emails to the admin, still nothing. Pisses me off actually. I see that admin on the forums every day, and no result.

I'm extremely fluent in phpBB and asked him to just go in and either resend my activation email or just activate my account. Both are easily doable in seconds through the admin panel.

One of the main reasons that I've always made it a personal task to take care of people on my forums and the forums that I've been privileged enough to Mod/Admin.

jef974
02-09-2009, 07:05 AM
Hi everybody.... It's cool to be there among lefty dudes !!

Jesse
02-10-2009, 12:49 AM
50!

Next stop, 100...keep it up guys!

vking
02-10-2009, 01:29 AM
I just posted a bullitin on my Space, hopefully another 15 will jump over, Joe is already here :D

pjmuck
02-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Hello everyone. Peter here. Just found this site via the leftybassist.com site, which I'm a co-administrator on. Keep up the good work!

SouthpawGuy
02-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Hi all another blow in from the HOC , (Heritage Owners Club).

I'm in Ireland and filled with lefty GAS !

Jesse
02-12-2009, 08:54 PM
I can't think of any more forums to hit. So far I got 28

[/exhausted]

leftyaxeman
02-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Hey everyone, this is Pete, very cool site, Jesse thanx for the invite, great to around other leftyaxemen!!!

Rich
02-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Hello everyone. Another lefty here. Man, I feel like I'm at AA or something. "Hi, my name is Richard and I'm left-handed." I saw your post on the Carvin forum and thought I'd join in on the fun. Like the board so far.

Jesse
02-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Found a TON of lefties at sevenstring.org, hopefully they will come by. I saw lots of great axes, they would be a welcome addition.

Pauly
02-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Toot toot, Pauly from SevenString.org here, will attempt to spread my love of extended range instruments and extra strings on you all.

Jesse
02-16-2009, 07:34 PM
ok, here's the list

Jemsite
Gibson Forums
Carvin Museum
Carvin BBS
Seymour Duncan
Shredguitars
7string.org
BC Rich players
Agile
Dean
Washburn
Peavey
Jackson/Charvel
Kramerforum
ESP
Ultimate-Guitar
Harmony Central
Guitar101
Dean
Warmoth
Heritage
Schecter
leftybassist.com
guitarists.net
guitarforum
guitartrade.org
PRS
Guitar World Magazine forum
jsguitarforum.com (jam session)
sixstringsouls
ibanez talk
music player forums
gibson-talk.com

Ok, where else could I possibly go to annoy people?

Jesse
02-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Acoustic Guitar forum - done

Pauly
02-18-2009, 11:01 AM
Look forward to seeing more people from jemsite and ss.org on here, can think of half a dozen lefties off the top of my head.

Jesse
02-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Look forward to seeing more people from jemsite and ss.org on here, can think of half a dozen lefties off the top of my head.

Don't be shy, promote!

Diogenes
02-18-2009, 12:18 PM
The GretschPages has the best lefty forum.
The main forum is located at http://gretschpages.com/forum/

and the actual Lefty forum is the Elliot Easton Tiki Lounge found at
http://gretschpages.com/forum/elliot-easton/
It is all things lefty.

Jesse
02-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Hitting up the Marshall Amp Forums and mylespaul.com

FrenchPaw
02-19-2009, 04:26 PM
:)

Hi there,
Maybe not the first to join, as things seem to start up like a dragster, but I might be the very first foreigner in line !
I've been 'caught' on ebay, where I'm currently selling a guitar, maybe by you Jesse (the username there was PriscoJ666) ?

Anyway, even if I've read some 'lefties threads' on some other forums, I'm glad that something specific is starting. This might be the tribune we miss when it comes to catch the LH world's attention, wether it is for potential buyers, sellers, or just to share ideas like here and make things move forward (at last...).

I don't reinvent the wheel, saying that my issue number one is still to find all the gear I dream of, as easily as it is for the 'bacwards right handed' !

Saying that, I'm one of them for everything in life... except for playing the guitar. I shared ideas about that yesterday somewhere else : I'm convinced that, as a right handed, I find it natural to put my 'skilled' hand (right) on the neck, where the big challenge lies. My left one just does the rythm job, which I find easier than making chords and soloing...

Well, I sure have other things to say, but let's be disciplined. I'll go on the sales/exchange post to sell and buy...

I'm 100% with you guys for this initiative. Good luck

Phil;)

FrenchPaw
02-19-2009, 07:09 PM
OOoops !! How naive I've been, believing I might be the first foreigner to join. Incredible, man, how quickly people come here ! Great for you, congrats.

Here's the link to the thread I read and replied to yesterday. It started long ago, but some lefties have been updating it from time to time, so it's kind of still alive. If some of these guys check again, Maybe Jesse could post a call there for them... ?

Let's invade the Backwards world and make them understand we are scores of skilled lefties full of punch, and a potential market too long left aside.
Time for us to shout it out loud and ask for more choice and consideration !

Keep goin, the '100' milestone isn't far away (if not reached...), let's walk to the next...

Some more lefties here :

http://www.bradsucks.net/archives/2003/12/30/left-handed-guitar-woe/?cp=3

Phil

Jesse
02-19-2009, 08:57 PM
I hit up that blog site...but what is backwards world?

Jesse
02-19-2009, 09:28 PM
anyone here a member of the marshallampforum.com?

they have a retarded signup process and the admin isn't responding...

FrenchPaw
02-20-2009, 07:55 AM
hit up that blog site...but what is backwards world?

oOoOo oOoOo
It's the community of all right handed dudes who all believe they hold their axes the correct way (lol) !

:strat::)

Jesse
02-21-2009, 03:38 PM
I just hit up some YouTube guys, this is tiring!

Jesse
02-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Tons of facebook groups, I hit up the walls of about 4-5 of them.

Olav
02-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi, been here for a couple days. I'll see what I can do to bring in some dutch lefties.

Jesse
02-23-2009, 02:00 AM
Hit up EBMM forums, sorry if some of you guys get PM's...I'm trying to weed out people who are already members to the best of my ability.

theklanch
02-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Hey I think I was one of the first people you got from the Warmoth forum. Well they banned me from the forum because I kept trying to help some kid whose neck got destroyed by UPS and I kept posting for him to hold Warmoth responsible for it, and, they banned my IP address. Oh well their loss is this forums gain I think. I didn't get nasty with anybody, I just told the dude that he shouldn't have to pay another $300 for them to make him a custom neck like they had already sold him. So, since the company pays for the forum, they banned me cause they knew I was giving the guy good advice and they were going to lose some profit over an honest shipping problem, but sometimes that is the cost of business. It kind of pisses me off because I had about 225 posts in like 6 weeks and the other members are a pretty cool group of guys. But if you bash their business, they will ban you. I guess any forum ran by a company is like that.

I have a ton of guitar knowledge that I love to share, and I'm really glad to join a forum that is just beginning because I always feel like I'm missing something when I join an established forum. Just warning everybody sometimes I like to get on some long winded rants, but I try to keep the reading interesting. Alright well lets get this show on the road!!!

Jesse
02-23-2009, 11:12 AM
LOL welcome and feel free to rant away. As long as people aren't flaming each other I have a high tolerance for anger and potty mouth.

theklanch
02-23-2009, 12:17 PM
LOL welcome and feel free to rant away. As long as people aren't flaming each other I have a high tolerance for anger and potty mouth.

Seriously Jesse I wasn't flaming anybody and I wasn't getting filthy either. I just told the kid he was being taken by Warmoth for a ride, and not to take it. They didn't like that at all, they deleted the posts and banned me. Oh, well I guess I banned them from the "My Wallet" forum. You know, the moderator of that forum decides where the money goes, and since I can't post I can't spend money there. Too bad for them, I was thinking about a SG when I finished my Jerry Garcia project.

Jesse
02-25-2009, 08:26 AM
http://www.musiker-board.de/vb/

Does anyone here speak German? This site is supposed to be huge but I don't have a clue...

Olav
02-25-2009, 11:38 AM
I took a couple years in highschool, whatchu wanna know?
do me a PM or something

Jesse
02-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Just hit up Vai Fan Forum (7 lefties). I will try to do the German thing tonight.

Pauly
02-25-2009, 02:41 PM
I have an old Jemsite account (dreaming_neon_black) you PM'ed, so in case you were wondering on a reply that's me right there. I think my JP forum one is still active but I haven't gone on there in years.

Jesse
02-26-2009, 01:25 AM
The dudes at Fender-Talk are pricks.

Jesse
02-26-2009, 04:43 PM
100 members! We're officially something, welcome everyone ;)

Farcs
03-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Hey guys, have you got a page on facebook? if not i think you should create one, that will help spread the word :)

Jesse
03-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Facebook Group: Lefty Guitar Trader (dot) com

lostinthemasses
03-14-2009, 04:17 AM
Q: Hey Bill, I wanted to let you know about a new lefty guitar forum and community. Come on by! - Jesse www.LeftyGuitarTrader.com

we should start a street team

Jesse
03-14-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm thinking we should come up with a poster and have everyone put it up at all their local guitar shops.

We really need to get a lot of people on here. I want to pressure Ibanez into making a JEM, and I think the popularity of the Petrucci EBMM is a good example that lefties will buy guitars if you make them.

lostinthemasses
03-14-2009, 04:55 PM
ibanez did make a lefty jem

the white one with the vine inlays

Soullessghost
03-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Jesse, sorry it took me so long to register.....I've actuall been pretty busy lately hunting down parts for my RG1570L.

Regardless, I am here now and ready to post with all my Left Handed comrades! Let the party begin! :dance:

Soullessghost
03-14-2009, 11:11 PM
ibanez did make a lefty jem

the white one with the vine inlays

Yeah they did make a lefty JEM but I'm almost 100% certain it was the JEM555 (or commonly known as the JEM Jr.). It was white, had a "half vine" inlay and the rest of the inlays on it were dots. The trem was the horrible Lo-TRS. Poor excuse for a JEM IMHO. Ibanez needs to make more options for Lefties. I used to own an RG550L that was Desert Sun Yellow, but I got stupid and sold it on eBay a few years back. BAD move!

Since then I have purchased parts to build up a RG1570L...I'm looking forward to finishing this build. BUT I am also building up an RG470L (Jewel Blue) with all the RIGHT parts (IE: Metal pickup rings, Lo-Pro Edge, Dimarzios etc...)! I also own 2 left handed Agile AL's (a 2000 Blue Flame and a 2500 Albino), and a Douglas RR style V with a VERY decent Licensed FR.

But yeah, Ibanez NEEDS to start being considerate at least a little bit more towards lefties. A TRUE JEM would be nice, but I'm actually hoping they will produce a left handed RG321MH....a hard tail, mahogany RG! That would make my YEAR!

metalchurch
05-01-2017, 05:45 PM
.....We really need to get a lot of people on here. I want to pressure Ibanez into making a JEM, and I think the popularity of the Petrucci EBMM is a good example that lefties will buy guitars if you make them......

How did that work out for ya? Thumbs up Sir!

Jesse
05-01-2017, 09:28 PM
haha, score!

metalchurch
05-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Sorry about the necrothread, but it was kinda cool how things worked out. I was actually doing a search to try to find a picture of my Lightning Warlock and I stumbled across this thread and thought, damn that's pretty cool!